Squad:March… infestation

IMG_8358A break from the Lost Legionnaires…

After last months great painting challenges I decided I had to step up with Azazel’s March Challenge Squad:March! To Finnish a squad. I decided to have a bash at these Genestealer Cultists, who have infested an IG command squad. I built these back in November then my hobby attention deficit (as my friend describes it) kicked in and I forgot about them. This months White Dwarf Genestealer Cult rules for Necromunda insider me to slap some paint on them. Here they are painted up.



The Lost Legionnaires (1)

845F8EBD-122D-418B-AE24-E2A987AC249D.jpegTrapped on a hostile warp infected world the Lost Legion boast marines of many chapters. Battered, battled hardened veterans, who have had to replace and repair armour, weapons, equipment and even body parts with whatever they can salvage, from friend and foe alike.

The tough and noble warriors have sworn to uphold the name of their God-Emperor and to enforce his will though separated from empire and comrades. They will hold back the hoards of chaos and will not suffer the Xenos. For them only death in glory will suffice.



Remak The Justifier
Little is known of Remak’s history, and few have seen what remains of his face under the mask. But May will testify to his bravery and fearlessness in bringing justice at the sharp end of his twin power swords

Baltor Stormwielder
Remak’s closet friend and companion. Stormwielder by name and action. Few would have the courage or strength to carry the modified heavy plasma cannon that he uses to bring swathes of destruction to the foes of the emperor.


Finish a neglected model (4) February Challenge update

Thanks to all those putting up the painting challenges this month, particularly Azazel  I think I managed a definite 2 completed challenges and possible 3.

Here is my last submission for the neglected model category… the final Primaris in the pack.


The other challenges I completed were the FEBruary miniature with my Soviet Sniper for Bolt Action. She was also a neglected model having been sitting undercoated for mire than half a year.

So my last question is for the Space Marine Primaris Rievers count as SQUADuary too? There were 3 models in the pack, but is that a legal squad? What do you think?

Pleased with my painting progress this month as I have also made big inroads into Necromunda stuff. I painted more than I bought too! That and I have been inspired (by so many of you great bloggers) to blog a bit more about my projects.



Sisters of the Wolf (2)

Here is the rest of Tala’s House Escher gang. Pleased to have actually finished a unit. And with just 4 Goliath gang members to paint who knows, I might actually get a game played! I have a couple of spare bodies and a few kit bash ideas so there will be potentially more additions to this gang in the future.



Sisters of the Wolf (1)

The legend of the wolf queen

It is told that many decades ago Brio L’aphoth, one of the very richest hive lords set out to impress his soon to be third wife, and began to build a menagerie of illegal and imitation animals. One of the transports smuggling several species suffered engine failure and crashed in the waste lands outside the hive. Among the animals that escaped were three genetically created wolf cubs. By the time the recovery crews arrived the wolves were gone having killed and eaten most of the other escaped animals.

The escaped wolf pack soon faded into hive legend and was all but forgotten until many years later. In the vicious gang war that tore through the hive following the ‘Caspian’ incident, Crime Boss Mordo Wacalla and his two sons were murdered. His wife and three daughters were cast out into the wilderness.

The older two daughters and mother soon died in the hostile conditions, but Tala the youngest proved tougher and more resourceful. No one knows how but she came upon the three wolves and somehow integrated into their pack. Learning from them how to fight and survive. Eventually as she grew in strength and will she came to lead the pack. Other outcast women were drawn to the pack of the wolf queen, until she felt strong and confident enough to return to the hive.

Pledging their loyalty to the house Escher Tala’s Sisters of the Wolf soon rose to notoriety among the gangs of the underhive. Cutting a bloody swathe in to neighbouring gang’s territory, and earning a brutal reputation second to none, the gang became to stuff of legends and nightmares. All the while in the darkest places of Tala’s thoughts she plotted a terrible vengeance upon those who murdered her family and cast her to the wolves.


Apologies for the rambling narrative intro. This is the first of two posts about my House Escher gang the Sisters of the Wolf. This is Tala the wolf queen. I have plans for a second upgraded model of her but I need to wait for funds to buy some bits.



FEMbruary Challenge

Here is my humble entry into the FEMbruary challenge, to paint a realistic female miniature.

This is a WW2 Soviet sniper from the fabulous Stossis Heroes range, a beautiful range of WW2 characters. I’m not sure my paint job does the mini justice and I know the photos don’t, I’ll try to get better ones at some point.



Finish a neglected model (3)

Azazel has really go me onto something. Second neglected model completed. This is an old (c.early 90’s) Plastic Rhino. I was given in a while ago, with a bunch of other old 40k stuff. I started tinkering with it and then became distracted and it has been left on the side since then.

I repaired several damaged panels, fitted a weapons upgrade and give it a re-paint.

The colours are for the Emperor’s Hammers Legion Space Marine Chapter (the space marine chapter I made up back in the 90’s).

Next up the second Primaris reaver and something Bolt Action.